DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 31, 2008

All moved in and LOVING it!

We moved in to our lovely apartment last weekend and LOVE it! And imagine this - it only took 2 hours to get out of the old place and into the new! We will never move ourselves again...

We're still far from unpacked - tons of boxes left, still need to get our new desk all set up, so on... Our 2nd bedroom is packed to the door with boxes. Unfortunately all of my clothes are in there somewhere, so that's a project that needs to happen pronto ;o) We bought desk parts at Ikea this past weekend and are going to paint the unfinished legs today. We settled on a dark brown to match all of the other furniture we bought at Ikea!

And, as I suspected I might, I've come down with some form of laryngitis. It seems that every other year, I end up with some nasty illness. Luckily this one isn't too bad. Thursday I had a fever and my throat was swollen. Yesterday I was achy, feverish, and just generally all-around icky. Today, I have no voice, but I'm not achy - just a little run down. I was talking to my former college adviser on facebook (yay for Mr. Reece!) and he suggested drinking some warm liquids. I didn't think coffee or hot chocolate would be good (because as I remember Michelle telling me, drinking milk isn't so great for the chords). So, after our weekend breakfast at Golden Apple, we stopped at a nearby Tea Cafe. I still don't like the taste of tea (even green tea makes me gag a little ;o), but by golly IT WORKED! I'm still a little funny sounding, but I can talk again. And that's a huge improvement from this morning when, ask kurt so eloquently put it, I squeaked at him! Ha!

Well...I'm off. Gotta sand off some legs and get ready to paint! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

ALSO- it's called emergen-c. it's powder in individual packets. it's AWESOME. you can get it in any market or drug store. it's usually with vitamins. it fights off everything....and tastes good. I haven't found a flavor that i haven't liked. you can drink it warm or cold and can even mix it in juice if you like-never orange when your throat hurts, it's too acidic. i take it frequently, esp. if i feel like i might be sick or have been around people that are.